Healthy Carrot Cake Cupcakes (Paleo & Vegan)
Carrot cake, the best flavor in my opinion, needs to be spiced, filled with nuts, and topped with the perfect cream cheese frosting to balance it out. This recipe checks all those boxes, as well as being healthy✓ paleo✓ gf✓ vegan✓ refined sugar free✓ while tasting like the sugar-filled cakes of your childhood!!
Before I knew I had celiac and my brothers and dad had it, we used to go to this bakery/restaurant down the street from my house. Basically every time we went, I would either get a carrot cake cupcake (the majority of the time) or something insanely chocolate (can ya blame me)
I can confirm that these cupcakes taste SO SIMILAR. My brother says so and he has had the bakery cupcakes too. He would tell me the truth, trust me :)
I highly recommend using reusable silicon cupcake liners, like I did for half of mine, as well as other reusable baking products (parchment paper, etc.)
Our environment needs us, let's do what we can to help out!
yields: 12 cupcakes
prep time: 15 minutes
cook time: 35 minutes
total time: 55 minutes (inc. frost time)
2 flax eggs
1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup coconut sugar
2 tbsp maple syrup
1/2 tbsp molasses
1 1/2 cups grated carrot
2 cups almond flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
Handful raisins (optional)
Dairy free cream cheese frosting (I used Miss Jones)
1. Preheat oven to 350 and line a cupcake tin with reusable or paper cupcake liners
2. In a large bowl whisk together the flax eggs, apple sauce, vanilla, coconut sugar, maple syrup, molasses, and carrot
3. Add in the almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and ginger. Then fold in the walnuts and raisins.
4. Use an ice cream scoop and fill the liners all the way full, bake in the oven for 36-40 minutes and let cool for 10 minutes
5. Warm up the frosting for 10-15 seconds in the microwave, place 1 tbsp over each cupcake, and enjoy!!
#healthyrecipes #healthytreats#healthydesserts #paleorecipes#paleodesserts #veganrecipes#vegantreats #vegandesserts#paleotreats #vegan #paleo#healthyrecipeideas #glutenfree#dairyfree #refinedsugarfree #thenewhealth #plantpower #paleocake #paleocarrotcake #vegancake #vegancarrotcake #healthycarrotcake