Paleo Vegan Gingerbread Cut Out Cookies
They’re chewy, with the phenomenal classic gingerbread flavor that we all know and love, and they’re made with yummy, whole, ingredients to fuel your busy lifestyle!
Also you can make these into any shapes you want, I just went with the classic gingerbread man :)
These cookies are so simple and versatile, it's not hard to change up the shapes or even add frosting if that's what you'd like
Reminder to clean off your counters before rolling the dough haha and you can use a multitude of flours to roll out your dough!
I used gf all purpose flour for non-paleo, but you can use any paleo blend or tapioca starch/arrowroot works well too!
Just make sure you remember to flour your surface and your rolling pin every time they start to get sticky or the cookies won't unstick from the counter!
yields: 16-18 gingerbread men
prep time: 20 min
cook time: 11 min
total time (including cooling): 31 min
1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flaxseed + 3 tbsp water, mix, + let sit for 10 min)
2 tbsp melted coconut oil
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup coconut sugar
1 tbsp molasses
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup almond flour
6 tbsp coconut flour
2 tbsp tapioca/arrowroot starch/flour (plus a tad extra for flouring work surface)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 350 F and line or grease two baking sheets
2. In a large bowl mix together the flax egg, coconut oil, maple syrup, coconut sugar, molasses, and vanilla
3. Then add in the almond flour, coconut flour, tapioca starch, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda
4. Dust a clean surface with either tapioca starch (for paleo) or just gluten free all purpose flour (for non paleo) and roll out the dough until it’s about 1/4 of an inch thick. Cut out gingerbread men and place them onto the cookie sheet (they can be close together, but not touching, as the cookies won’t really spread apart)
5. Keep re-rolling out the dough and cutting out cookies until you use all of it (re-flour the rolling pin and surface as needed/when it gets sticky) and bake the cookies in the oven for 11-12 minutes, let cool for 10, and enjoy!