Salted Caramel Pretzel Brownies (Paleo & Vegan)
"Omg this tastes like a fudge lava cake, I ate like three with warm ice cream on top they are insane" to quote the words of my brother after trying these extremely heavenly brownies
I'm pretty sure this recipe is my best by far, the levels of fudge goodness in these brownies are so darn good, it should be illegal.
Now listen, I understand that putting CAULIFLOWER pretzels in your brownies may seem insane, but I tested these on my family without telling them, and they couldn't even notice!! Plus if they have veggies in them, you can have them for every meal right?
The crunch from the pretzels and the sweet & saltiness from the caramel and chocolate make for a mouthwatering treat that everyone will love!! You have my word.
-After making these already incredible brownies, to make them even more mouthwatering and addictive...
Warm a brownie up in the microwave for 15-25 seconds and top with your favorite vegan, refined-sugar free (or not if that's not your jam;) ice cream... and voila
-It's the dessert I've been having every night for the past week, trust me (and my brother) when we say it tastes like a crunchy, creamy, chocolatey lava cake
yields: 16 brownies
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 20 minutes
total time: 30 minutes
1/2 cup chopped salted caramel chocolate (melted with 2 tbsp coconut oil)
1 flax egg
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1/3 cup almond butter
1/3 cup non-dairy milk (the creamier the better!)
1 1/2 cups almond meal
1/2 cup cacao powder (fair-trade preferably)
2 1/2 tbsp tapioca starch
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/3 cup chocolate chips
2/3 cup crushed cauliflower pretzels (1/3 in the batter, 1/3 for the top)**
Extra salted caramel chocolate to top it off (adds to the fudginess)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F) and grease a 9x9 baking pan with coconut oil/ line it with environmentally friendly parchment ;)
2. In a small bowl, in 30 second increments (mixing in-between), melt
3. In a large bowl mix together the melted chocolate/coconut oil mixture, flax egg, maple syrup, vanilla, coconut sugar, almond butter, and non-dairy milk
4. Stir in the almond meal, cacao powder, tapioca starch, salt, and baking soda. Once combined add in the chocolate chips and the first 1/3 cup of crushed pretzels and stir.
5. Spread the mixture into the baking pan with a spatula and top with chocolate chips and the next 1/3 cup of crushed cauliflower pretzels. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, let cool for 15 and enjoy!!
-You do not have to use cauliflower pretzels, but I personally think their crunch works amazing in this recipe!!
#healthyrecipes #healthytreats#healthydesserts #paleorecipes#paleodesserts #veganrecipes#vegantreats #vegandesserts#paleotreats #vegan #paleo#healthyrecipeideas #glutenfree#dairyfree #refinedsugarfree #bakingmyheartout