Cinnamon Sugar Scones (vegan, nut free, + gf)
I cannot express to you how good these Cinnamon Sugar Scones are, straight from the oven, with a nice cold glass of oat milk!!
THE RECIPE yields: 8 small scones
prep time: 10 min
cook time: 15 min
total time (including cooling): 30 min
1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax + 2.5 tbsp water, mix, & let sit for 15 min)
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
2 tbsp coconut sugar
1/3 cup maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups gf oat flour (1 1/2 cups blended gf oats)
1/2 cup coconut flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
For the topping:
1 tbsp coconut sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 F and line or grease a cookie sheet & set aside
2. In a large bowl mix together the flax egg, coconut oil, coconut sugar, maple syrup, and vanilla
3. Then add in the oat flour, coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt
4. Wait a second for the batter to thicken, then clump together the batter into a disk a flatten until it’s about 2 inches thick.
5. For the topping: mix together the coconut sugar and cinnamon.
6. Cut the sphere into 8 triangles and place on the sheet. Generously pour the coconut sugar + cinnamon mixture over each scone, bake in the oven for 13-16 minutes and let cool for 5-10, remove from the sheet, and enjoy with some tea or milk of your choice!!