Easy 4 Ingredient Christmas Crack (vegan, gf, + nut free)
simple, delicious, and made with ingredients u probably have in your cupboard!
yields abt 15 servings (1 sheet of crack)
prep time: 15 min
cook time: 10 min
total time (including cooling): 1 hour 30 min
abt 1 sleeve saltine crackers (i used @scharglutenfree gf table crackers)
1 cup butter/vegan butter (2 sticks)
1 cup packed light or brown sugar
1 package chocolate chips
(any toppings of choice, i used sprinkles)
1. Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and spray with oil. Line up a single layer of the saltines covering the tray, set aside. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. In a small sauce pan, on medium-high heat melt together the butter and brown sugar until boiling. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for abt 3 more minutes, stirring continuously (to be careful not to let it burn)
3. Immediately pour the sauce over the saltines and spread it evenly on top. Then place the tray in the oven for 5 minutes.
4. As soon as you remove the tray, pour the chocolate chips on top of the toffee. Let sit for 1-2 minutes, then spread with a spatula. Top with whatever you desire.
5. Put in the fridge for 1 1/2 hours/the freezer for about an hour, break apart into pieces, and enjoy!