The quarantine has us all going a little out of our minds, but my mom has always said that boredom breeds creativity. That's most likely the explanation for the 48 new variations of chocolate brownie recipes in your Instagram feed😅, but I mean hey I'm not mad about it:)
This addictive granola recipe is refined sugar free and naturally sweetened with things like maple syrup and coconut sugar. Not to mention, it is FILLED with delicious clusters... if I were you I would add this to my corona-quarantine-baking-list. Come on, it's okay I know you have one... I do too of course!
To make this paleo, if that's your style, feel free to substitute the rolled oats for quinoa flakes. If you're looking for some to try out, check out the "Products" section in the top left hand corner on my website!
Nut-butters and Nut Free Option: ran out of almond butter? It's all good, you can sub any other nut butter that you would like including nut free options such as tahini or sunflower seed butter
Saving your maple syrup for your waffles? Honey is an amazing substitute, it can be used in place for maple syrup in almost any of my recipes. Just remember how much maple syrup the recipe requires... because honey is good, but it has such a strong flavor I'm not sure I would want to eat 1/2 cup of it ;)
THE CLUSTERS... I mean come onnnnnnn no one in their right mind could say no to that. The maple syrup makes them bake together to form a big chewy, cartelized cluster that actually tastes like an oatmeal snickerdoodle!
Thank me when you make them🙃
yields: about 3 cups of granola
prep time: 10 minutes (or less)
cook time: 25 minutes
total time: 45 (including cooling & de-clustering lol)
1/3 cup melted coconut oil
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp coconut sugar
2 tbsp almond butter
2 cups gf rolled oats
1/2 tsp salt (+ small sprinkle for top)
1/2 tbsp cinnamon (+ a dash to sprinkle on top)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking tray with reusable parchment (check "Products" section on my website) or grease it with avocado/coconut/olive oil
2. In a large bowl whisk together the coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla, coconut sugar, and almond butter until smooth
3. Add in the rolled oats, salt, and cinnamon and stir
4. Lay out in a about 1 inch thin cluster on the cookie sheet and bake for 25 minutes
5. Let it cool for 10 minutes and break apart with your (clean, freshly washed un-coronavirused) hands until clusters are your desired size and enjoy!!