Paleo Coconut Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies (Paleo & Nut-Free, w/ Vegan Option)
Updated: Jan 17
Cookies are my obsession, plain and simple, but these coconut flour chocolate chip cookies thick, chewy, and absolutely delicious!! I made these for my nut-free bestie for her birthday, and she was in loveeee
These cookies do taste a little coconutty so if that's not your jam, it's ok, and I do have many other nut-free recipes on the blog! (Just search "Nut-Free" in the search bar)
I have so many nut-free friends, and it just breaks my heart when they can't eat my healthy goodies, so of course I have to make them some of their own alternatives!
yields: 10-12 cookies
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 10 minutes
total time: 20 minutes
1 egg (or flax egg for vegan)
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup coconut sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup coconut flour
2 tbsp tapioca starch
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (F) and line two baking sheets with silicone mats/re-usable parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the egg, coconut oil, vanilla, and coconut sugar.
3. Next add in the baking soda, coconut flour, tapioca starch, and salt (It may seem thin at first, but wait 30 seconds and the coconut flour will have absorbed some of the moisture.) Then stir in the chocolate chips once combined.
4. Take a small-medium cookie scoop and scoop the (sticky) batter onto the baking sheets, leaving some space in between to allow the cookies to spread, and place in the oven for 9-11 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven, let cool for 10-15 minutes, and enjoy!