Peanut Butter Honey Oat Hearts (gluten + dairy free, no bake, vegan opt)
Updated: Oct 25
super simple, 5 ingredient, healthy treat for valentines!
yields 6-7 oat hearts
prep time: 15 min
freeze time: 30 min
total time: 45 min
for the oat hearts-
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup honey (can use maple syrup for vegan)
1 1/4 cup gf rolled oats
sprinkle of salt
for the chocolate coating-
3/4 cup chocolate chips
2 tbsp coconut oil
1. Line a 9x9 square baking tin with parchment paper and set aside.
2. For the oat hearts- in a medium mixing bowl stir together the peanut butter, honey, oats, and salt until combined. Spread the mixture evenly into the baking tin and place in the freezer for 15-20 minutes, or until hardened.
3. For the chocolate coating- in a small bowl, microwave the chocolate chips and coconut oil in 30 second increments, mixing in between, until smooth and set aside.
4. Take the tin out of the freezer and lay the parchment on the counter. Use a heart shaped cookie cutter to cut out pieces from the dough and set the parchment on a baking sheet. (with the excess dough you can either re-roll it out and cut more hearts from it, roll it into balls, or shape it into little hearts w your hands like I did)
5. Use a fork to dip each heart into the chocolate, flipping over to coat both sides, and tapping the excess off before placing back on the baking sheet. Repeat for all, freeze for 10 min or until hardened, cut off excess hardened chocolate with a knife, and enjoy! (best stored in fridge)