Perfectly Chewy Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies (Paleo, Vegan, Nut free opt)
Updated: Jul 1
There are sooo many healthy chocolate chip cookie recipes out there and I have to be honest, I've made most of them:) So I took all my favorite parts from the different recipes that I've tried and made them... perfect! These are extremely chewy, delicious, and so easy. They take 20 minutes total! So let's hop into the creation of these, shall we?
A chewy chocolate chip cookie is the perfect chocolate chip cookie, and the almond butter and coconut sugar in this recipe combine to make the most magical chew that will make your taste buds dance with joy!!
Flax Egg- This recipe uses a flax egg to make them vegan (and obviously so you can safely consume the dough;) but you can totally sub a pasture-raised egg in it's place.
Almond Butter- I love the specific flavor that almond butter, specifically crunchy, adds to this, but feel free to sub any other nut butter that you wish.
Unfortunately no flour subs can be done for this recipe, but if you're searching for a nut-free alternative, go check out my Paleo Coconut Flour Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
yields: 14-16 cookies
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 11 minutes
total time: 21 minutes
1 flax egg (for non-vegan: can sub pasture-raised egg)*
2 tbsp melted coconut oil
3 tbsp almond butter (can sub other nut or seed *for nut free* butters, I like using @kweenandco granola butter for nut free)
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup blanched almond flour (can sub 1 cup gf oat flour/ 1 cup blended gf oats)** U
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp coconut flour
1/2 cup chocolate chips (use Enjoy Life for Paleo)
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees (F) and line two baking sheets with reusable parchment paper/silicone mats.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the flax egg, coconut oil, almond butter, coconut sugar, and vanilla extract
3. Next, add in your almond flour, salt, baking soda, and coconut flour. Once combined stir in your chocolate chips.
4. Using a small-medium cookie scoop, place cookies on the baking pan, a few inches apart since they will spread.
5. Put in the oven for 10-12 minutes (mine took 11). Once done baking, take out and let cool for 10 minutes and enjoy!
* To make a flax egg: Combine 1 tbsp ground flaxseed and 3 tbsp water, stir, and let sit for 10 minutes
** Using oat flour to make this nut free technically does not make this paleo, but if you want a completely paleo nut free cookie check out my Coconut Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies!